FIT’s HeadStrong Concussion Insurance Program™
Each year, it is estimated that up to 3.8 million young athletes will sustain a sports related concussion (CDC). At Dissinger Reed, we understand today’s inherent risk of concussions within youth associations, leagues and teams. The importance of providing these young athletes the most comprehensive neurological/concussion care will ensure your students are safe to return to the field, courts, and classroom.
The HeadStrong Concussion Insurance ProgramTM was specifically developed to insure your student athletes from the high cost of concussion treatment and neurological follow up that may be required after a suspected concussion. Program highlights include:
- $25,000 Accident Medical Concussion coverage (includes neurological follow up)
- $0 Deductible and no Co-pays
- $5,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Telemed Services provided when needed
- No restrictions on specific doctors; no referrals needed for treatment
- No internal limits or specific procedure maximums
- A+ rated carrier with Financial XV backing
- Neurological follow up care – When medically necessary and billed at U&C
When your participating organization joins the FITPlatform takes part, your athletes are automatically covered in the HeadStrong Concussion Insurance Program with no underwriting process involved. Coverage is secondary/excess to any other valid and collectible insurance but will become the primary payor if no other insurance is available.
The HeadStrong Concussion Insurance ProgramTM is proudly insuring over 667,000 student-athletes across the country. We look forward to discussing how this exclusive program will, not only ensure your young athletes are well covered in the case of a concussion, but will also help protect the overall liability of your association, league, or team.